25 October 2014

Why Words of Pi mean a lot to me....

'Life of Pi' seemed to be a special movie for me. Caught hold of my emotions in a different manner. Specially the dialogue that comes when Richard Parker departs from Pi, ''I suppose in the end, the whole life becomes an act of letting go. But what always hurts most is not taking a moment to say goodbye''. It closely associates with everyones life. It becomes the most emotional quote for me and also sends fears down me sometimes. Fear to let go somebody like Richard Parker.

After I was out of school, the agony of departing from my best friends circle was always haunting. Always my worry was I've just lost it. Lost those seven years which would never come back. I can never do things as we did it all together. Laughing, dancing, playing, eating, bathing and what not? That initial one year out of school was just a hell. I was so secluded and life then was so drab that it took much time for me to adjust to new friends and new world.

Often I used to get thoughts like what if I just pass away one fine day? The very idea dreaded me.  I just don't want to simply fade away. Always I used to think, even now I think of thanking everyone who came in my life and tell them what they meant to me. I just don't want to suffer again as I repented when my roommate just passed away. Raju,  was may be one of finest friend I had. An innocent lad who taught me about dedication and devotion in life, one fine day he just faded away from my life. I could hardly believe it. That one month I was in Pune. He used to text me often and because of roaming I didn't replied him anytime. Even didn't called and talked to him for about one month during my stay in Pune. When I returned to college, he was not there. I thought he may join directly first day of college. But he didn't. Later when I felt he should have been there by now, I called him but there was no sign reaching him. Next day his uncle conveyed us that Raju's no more. It was such a worst moment of life. A life just vanishes away and we're compelled to believe it. It's the hardest part of it.

May be that's why the dialogue sucks out all my emotions. It has happened to me. Good and bad part of life is many lives get attached to it that it never lets anyone to simply fade away. So I suppose in the end, the whole life becomes an act of letting go. But what always hurts most is not taking a moment to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...