02 May 2018

A conversation with a kid.....

I was reading my old diary and found an interesting piece of conversation I had with my niece two years back.

Then Gunjan must be around three years old. That evening I took my three nieces to the nearby children's park. Gunjan being the youngest, she was not included in the groups by the elder two in their games. Looking her standing aloof, I approached her promising I'll show her something interesting.

(The conversation was in Marathi...)

Me: I'll tell you how the sun will set across the horizon.

She: Where is he going?

Me: He's returning home after his school like you do everyday.

She: Where is his home?

Me: In the sky. Far away from here.

She: Is it too far?

Me: Yes. It's too far away.

She: like beyond, beyond, beyond, beyond and beyond?

Me: Yes far away like beyond, beyond and beyond.

She: (Referring the clouds) what's that haze in front of the sun? My mam makes me draw such shapes

I tried to explain her but seems she thought the clouds are boring stuff and didn't ask any explanation even after not getting convinced.

I stood there with her amidst the mountains Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand, watching the mesmarising sunset. The silence of the last minutes was broken when she yelled at the fading sun, 'Goodbye Sun'...

I too said 'Goodbye Sun'.......The kid had surprised me. I was smiling over her innocence....now too while typing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...