19 September 2018

The Wall

I've seen you, lying dead.
On the grave of your thoughts.
Facing your insecurities,
Torn out. Dumb and dry.

Admiring your own reflection,
Beaming narcissistically,
I've seen you bloat. Full of life.
In all pomp. Jovial and high.

On any other day, 
I've seen you, changing masks.
Distraught over other's opinion,
Too concerned. Pale and shy.

From your apologetic cry,
To a regretful sigh. 
From your simmering ire to 
A guilt stricken wry. I've seen it all.

I've observed you long enough.
I've studied your shades like forever.
I've known you, better than yourself.
And my friend your secrets are safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...