13 September 2020

A wait. A hope.

Waiting for you.
It's been so long.
That,
All the perception
Is gone and
Torn bits of what
You felt like 
Remains.

I try to recall
Your name but
I can't. And
Each time I fail,
I come up with
New ones. 

Sometimes,
Starts with D
And ends with I.
Or it lingers 
Between S and A.
I don't know. 
Doesn't matter
Matter I guess.

Like,
A lazy evening.
A mellow sunrise.
A fading melody,
A fleeting cloud.
I remember you,
Like I've forgotten
You forever.

I feel you like,
A steady peck
On my neck. 
Slow brush on
My hair.
A comforting
Caress and
Maybe lots of
Hugs.

And sometimes,
It feels like
You aren't really 
Gone.
Lurking secretly,
You're there always.
But I pass that
Thought.

There's a pleasure
In giving you 
Names.
Wrapping you in
Metaphors.
Slice you, bite you,
And totally savour
Every side of you.

It's like the 
Transience has
Faded and you've
Become an 
Immortal idea.
A fantasy.
A memory.
A worthy wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...