21 October 2021

Laugh it out

I was down and
Dusted.
In a hundred feet
Deep trench.
Dark and gloom
With broken jaw
And a concocted
Head.

I was a miserable
Failure when I
Learnt to laugh.
And good god
I laughed my 
Way through.

Been battered,
Blown.
Thrown to wolves.
Been fed lies
And feasted on
My vulnerability.

But I fixed my face,
Straightens my hair.
Summoned all
Courage and
Laughed my way. 

I laughed till
I cracked my
Bones.
I laughed till my
Stomach gave up.
I laughed till my
Legs took me away 
From the abyss of
Past.
I laughed till
My hands faced
The pain in eyes. 

Now it's a habit.
Happy, sad, angry
Or just fine.
Arrogant, sorry,
Guilty or just
Lying around.

I laugh it out. 
I laugh it all out
To live.
I laugh it all away
To pick myself
To hold on.
I laugh it out
Even to move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...