19 October 2021

I've Found You

When I looked 
In the mirror
And looked in 
My own eyes.
Not far down 
From the best of 
Life's realizations.
Not far away from 
The best of my 
Experiences.

I've found you. 
..
At the stroke 
Of midnight.
When the roof
Of my room threw
My past on my face.
I held a faded pic
Between my guilt
And prayers. 
In the clutches of
My humiliations..

I've found you.
..
Down in a 
Dungeon when 
I was lost.
Demons pranced
Over my chest 
And I had to hold
On to something.
Often as a final 
Ray of hope.

I've found you.
..
From the ticks of
The wall clock to
Folds of my bed.
The late night
Rumbling in my 
Head to the 
Post nut clarity..

You're not really
Gone.
..
Like the rustle
Of dry leaves,
And the feable 
Ramble of my pen.
The steady kisses
Of the wind and
The ubiquitous
Strokes of emptiness..

I thought that love
Would last for ever..
But even in that 
Disappointment..

I've found you.
..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...