29 January 2023

The Wait

I wait for her.
Sometimes outside
My home.
Sometimes within
The contours
Of my brain.

Sometimes in 
What's app and
Sometimes in a
Longing that's 
Invoked by shadows
Of origami cast.

I wait for her,
On the brink of 
Fantasies I crave.
In the blink of
Moments I save.

Piece of me sits
On a chair.
Another on the 
Slow rotating fan.
A shattered little
One waits from
Behind the bookshelf.

From between
Unwritten letters,
Typecast feelings,
Half eaten roti
And an unopened
Diary. 
A couple more
Peep out for signs
Of her arrival.

And the days 
Have passed 
Without consequence.
Months and years.

As my reflection
Stands wearing
Concentric wrinkles,
Like I'm a
Worn-out tree.

As the moons die,
Oceans dry,
Time stands aged
And stars fall broken.

The signs haven't
Been dandy yet.
The wait hasn't
Come to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...