26 September 2023

The Hand

My hand moves without
My cues like it has got a brain.
Its itch often hops on to scratch-
A compulsive habit of exploration.

It browses my back, brushes 
My hair. Reaches my groin,
Just check if everything is
Alright.

Duels with fingers of the 
Other hand, picks on the nails.
Sometimes reaches the foot
To dig into the toenails.

The pinky finger loves mining
It seems. A couple of times daily,
It has to dive in my ear to dig
Into the wax, which eventually-

Is rubbed off to the chair,
Wall, windowpane, or the table.

The other digits are no less.
The thumb and the forefinger,
Form an alliance to reach my nose,
Like a search party for missing 
Ammunition.

The booger that's found is rolled
Into a wad to be catapulted 
Towards the distal wall. 
And it coincidentally to hit,

A Housefly-

The entire species must have
Slipped into an illusion that 
They're on the movie sets of 
The director Rajamouli sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...