12 January 2019

Devaraddi and A Typical Morning

The nap after the morning PT was peace. Sometimes because of irresponsible juniors, it did push me to limits. As it happened that day.

Damn! It’s 7:15. Why didn’t you fools wake me up? Cursing my juniors, with a towel and soap I rushed to the tank. And before I could have contributed anything to world’s water scarcity, I was in front of the mirror cursing my damned necktie.

When my not so shiny black shoes entered the mess, it was over 7:25. Avoiding the cold stare of the principal, holding my plate extended, I moved all shriveled. The last thing I wanted was a confrontation by the knotted face that stood near the counter.

So, I move without demanding extra uppittu from Prakash anna. Thinking, the principal might say something, I take one pickle myself- I hated pickles- as there was no one to serve. I poise to turn and my self-defense instinct sees it coming.

Before his hand hit my face, I stepped back and it hit my chest. The gush of thoughts. Perplexed! What did I do? Before my brain sang possible reasons, I had to face the stare of the audience. A 12th guy getting a blow is worth a watch for the juniors for sure. And for my classmates; what can I say, they still laugh at me for that.

Knowing no reasons for that- whatever- thing, I was feeling like that Cuban kid from the Kannada movie Ulidavaru Kandante.

Later, laughing at me, someone told me. That, I entered the mess after the principal warned everyone to not have the pickles; as there was no one to serve them.

Well, amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...