25 May 2023

Self Sabotage

These days
I'm trying to learn 
The art of killing. 

I've killed thoughts.
Prayers, wishes.
I've killed a
Couple of people, 
Three cities.
Some roads, rivers. 

Seems it doesn't 
Matter.

I've been killing 
The ideas I can 
Pen down, 
Memories I can
Save.
Reveries I can
Hold on.

I've killed you too,
Last night. 
And how hard
It can be to
Let lose other
Vanities.
Friends, parents
Home.

It doesn't matter
Right?

But as I write
This, standing here.
Standing alone.
Like an ocean
That has lost
All its water.

Left with just
Sand dunes and
Salt mounds..
I realize, that

A waterless ocean
Is not even a desert.
It's just a subtly 
Flaunted disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...