07 August 2021

Neglected Child

My shiny yellow ball
Was stolen by
The neighboring
Fat old aunt. 

The crayoned sketch
Was eaten away by
The white wash of 
The front wall.

Our dog that went
Behind dad to
Send him off,
Never came back.

Sister got into 
The wheels and
Shortly, ceased
To breath.

My brother always
Got the better half.
Mom loved him more,
I don't know why.

Bullies in
Hostel rooms.
Teachers in school.
Even dad care 
For me didn't last
Longer. 

All my memories
Are traces of tears.
Places of 
Good old fears.

Can the tamed bird
Not sing in the
Cage?
Do children not
Deserve God's grace?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...