06 August 2021

Tipping Points

I've saved you on
Edges of my brain.
On the peripherals
Of my ribcage.

Have paused you
On a song that
I've left unplayed.
On the last pages
Of a diary and
Final episode of
The series, Friends.

In the first glow
At the dawn.
Last shade of
The dusk. 
Pizza crusts and
In the late night
Rush of lust.

In a quest I 
That didn't last.
In a eulogy I
Wrote for my past.
On the stretches
Of that coastline,
Where our love
Stood divided
By our caste.

Windowpanes to
Broken earphones.
Lost wallets to
Half burnt memories.
On the creases of 
A faded photo.
On the verge of 
A loaded gun.

Sweaty frustration,
Of a summer to
Unsettled longing
Of winter nights.
Even at the brink
Of my suicidal
Mind and on the
Swivel of creaky
Old fan...

I have saved you
On every tipping point,
As my shattered soul
Needs a holding.
As, only the
Reminiscences of
Moments with you
Keeps me going.

1 comment:

  1. Unsung seagull............................................ I am much dumb enough to comment anything on this 😜😜😜😜😜😜

    ReplyDelete

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...