23 December 2021

If I'd never met you

If I'd never met you,
The food would have
Tasted the same.
The rains would have
Poured the same.

My desires wouldn't
Have taken a leap and
I'd have remained unsung,
Even in my dreams.
..
If I'd never met you,
The winds would have
Blown the same.
The sun would have
Still come up in the west.

My mind would have
Brooded on the idea of
A perfect past.
There would have been
A cacti infestation,
I'd have grown a fondness to.
..
If I'd never met you,
My heart would have
Pumped the same.
My blood would have
Rushed the same.

My room would still
Be dark. Walls be blank.
I'd have romanticized
Pain to write sad stories.
Where I'd have died
Again and again.
..
If I'd never met you.
My words wouldn't
Have flown.
Verses wouldn't have
Rhymed.

With a block in in the
Mind intact.
My throat still would
Have been a graveyard of
The songs I never sang.
..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...