18 January 2022

Head and Hunger

We plough, we sow.
Against the rains
We gamble to grow.
For a roti and 
Some rice.
Firewood and
Cooking oil..
My mother toils
Against her life
To fix a dinner.

Law of conservation
Of energy doesn't
Apply in our kitchen. 

If the light were that
Discernible.
At first instance,
I would have tried to
Make a container,
To illuminate my 
Dilapidated hut.

Because when I
See a posh building
From here,
The light seemed 
Have always been 
Relative.

And wonder. 
Always have been
Wondering about Newton
And his apple.
If it would have
Fallen on me.
Maybe I would have 
Eaten it readily.

The act of head,
And hunger, you see,
Are third law of
Motion otherwise.

Maybe somewhere
There's a fission
Reaction that's
Multiplying pulses.

Some missiles with
Nuclear warheads,
In one stroke, can
Feed all the poor.

Maybe then,
Between the head
And the stomach,
Science can win 
The race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...