29 January 2022

Embargo

I try to forget you.
But I fail.

I drink all day to
Forget you.
But I fail.

I read, I write.
I sleep, I wake.
I choke on my
Helplessness.

Talk to the ceiling,
Fight with pillows.
I bask, I crack,
I whack and I 
Really, really, try
To make you go
Away.

But I fail.

You creep in 
Like a snake to
Scare me again.

You sneak in
Like rustle of
Leaves in the
Dead of night to
Haunt me again.

It's like my
Head is on fire.
Skin has turned
Dry.
Hair is a mess
With a strong urge
For an itch.
And I have
Run out of water
To take a decent
Bath.

Upon that I've 
Decided to hate 
The rains too.

Also, I've been
Avoiding
The shadow of
The moon but
He has followed
Me everywhere.

I've tried to kill
You in my stories.
Tried to burn our
Memories.
But I've badly 
Failed.

And like fumes of
Hot chai that
Elevates desires.
You creep in to
Demand a 
Reconsideration.

And I ask myself
Again.
If I want to forget
You for sure.
Do I really want
To let you go?

The answer slightly
Tilts towards a no.

Seems like I've
Grown a fondness
To this embargo.
This fondness take
Sides of a fight 
Inside my head.

To be or not be.
To be you sometimes
And to be me the other.
To stay put or
Just move on.

Maybe it's fun.
Maybe I'm not
Lonely that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...