05 August 2018

A Footprint that's too musical to be washed away....

I sat there reading in the library. Hanging out with my own thoughts, flicking my cello gripper pen and turning the pages. The climate was bit cloudy, the room was dim and I was drowsy. Yawning and scaring the shit out of the flies around, I looked around now and then. In the big hall with thirty plus chairs and tables, I was the lone soul, sitting around the right side corner and consuming all the oxygen there was.

After an hour of my greenhouse gas contribution in the room, someone really colourful entered the room and sat some five six tables away, facing me. She was oblivious to my presence in the room. She had her earphones on, may be she was a music freak. In all the elegance of her yellow and orange dress - I don't know what that particular dress is called - she looked beautiful in it. She sat tight, gently nodding her head and tapping her feet. She wasn't too fair. How should I explain about the radiance of her face? I don't know. Anyway, I know it's cliche but it was like a full moon in all it's pomp. Just bit tanned. But sure she was a person with some irresistible grasp.

In the deafening silence that sinks to different levels in an empty library, sure she was a melody that was dodging the resolute wisdom of the books there. My mind was noisy too. It pulled up my head around and rolled my eyes, casting them on the gleam that was in front of me. I loved the way she enjoyed herself. On the gloomy evening she was a usual evening subtlety of Dharwad. Bit more lit like Mirchi and Chai with lot of laughter on a long lazy walk.

After some twenty minutes of eye rolling and jaw dropping over her, she sensed my presence. She caught me looking at her and it was difficult to look at her all the time. Anyway I didn't miss any random chances. Once, our eyes met. Then again and again. I don't know why I smiled at her. I'm not that bold to do that. But it happened, I smiled. Well, that didn't go well. Seems she turned uncomfortable by that. She stopped looking at me.

As I said, she indeed was an irresistible grasp. I was still looking. Now at her serious face that was buried in the book. After sometime, she caught me again. Before she was too uncomfortable, she closed the book, removed the earphones and stood up to change her place. All was going smooth until she smiled at me. It was an instant. Like a flash. Before I could even react, she was gone. Didn't stop, didn't turn or look back. The smile like moonlight was lost again in the dusk of unwavering boredom of the books.

She was the girl in James Blunt’s “You're beautiful” song. And the moment she left, the song was ringing in the head….

“You're beautiful, it's true
I saw your face in a crowded place
And I don't know what to do
'Cause I'll never be with you…..”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...