25 September 2021

No Glory in Suffering

I blew my mind
And broke my
Bones.
Spent sleepless
Nights to fix
My tone.

Cracked my 
Knuckles,
A thousand times.
To show fate
A middle finger.

Even in a storm
I learnt to laugh.
..
Lying dead in 
Your room,
Collecting dust
As you brood..
There is no
Glory in suffering.

The light at the
End of the tunnel
Is just an unlit 
Lamp.
You just have
Forgotten,
The matchstick
You've already got.

Time doesn't heal..
Darling,
You need to put on
A mask or shed one,
To move on.
.. 

1 comment:

  1. Time doesn't heal..
    Darling,
    You need to put on
    A mask or shed one,
    To move on.

    Lived with you these lines bro

    ReplyDelete

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...