17 September 2021

Dead Room

As the ticks of
The clock,
Hammer through
The stillness of 
The night.

In a room that's
Dead.
Sleeplessly rolls,
A person who has
Forgotten to fight. 

Restlessness,
Flutters like a bird..
Corner to corner..
Poking old wounds.
Mocking budding
Hopes. 

Silhouettes,
Of memories with
Wrinkled faces,
Feed on colours.
No shadows cast.
No legacy left.
It's a clean sweep.

Oblivion sticks on 
The walls to absorb
What you remember.
Even demons are
Anxious to make
Their mark here..
The dead are afraid
Of being forgotten.

But tonight,
I have decided to live.

I'll tame that bird.
Paint on the walls,
My fondest memories.
I shall invite all my
Demons for a feast.
No one will be 
Forgotten tonight.
No one has to die.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...