18 September 2021

Hunter within

I gag my laugh,
And whack my
Mind to
Feed this night
To a lonely delight. 

I fight with my
Shadows to sleep
With tomorrows.
Throw myself to
Pretense, to deal
With my past.

I lie, I laugh.
I usually move on.
Till I see myself 
In a mirror.
Even in the dark,
It illuminates
To reflect my guilt.

These are the days
When I'm a game.
But the hunters is 
Elsewhere.
Who's doesn't 
Shoot to kill.
Stares instead.

He stares I feel.
He stares to
Make bleed.
Invokes in me
Self sabotage.

Maybe that's how
He hunts.
He convinces his
Kill.  
And sometimes,
Not elsewhere,
He's within.

I'm afraid..
The hunter 
Might be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...