30 August 2026

Delulu Solulu

When the weight of
not having wings gets to
my bones.
The skeleton feels like 
prison.

and somewhere there is 
a man-sized nest, and on 
the days it's too much
to be a human,
I go into a hiding there.

I take up the longest 
flight amidst the clouds,
witness the best sunsets
to stackup perspectives.
Then brood in the paddy 
husk of laziness to call
it a cozy refuge.

Ohh to fold myself into 
the warmth of borrowed 
feathers, pull the silence 
over my head and pretend 
the world has forgotten 
my address-

No expectations.
No names to answer to.
No need to be useful,
reasonable or particularly 
brave.

Ohh to become a bird 
without an obligation 
to fly-

Perhaps I sleep there
until the weight of the day
forgets my shoulders.
and when I finally step out,
I carry a little sky under 
my ribs-

that's delusional enough 
to return to the unreasonable 
business of being an
existential human.