18 August 2026

Lying Around

You lay your head on 
my lap, and my hands 
find a way to your hair
to play with the strands. 

We stay there, idle, 
as if time freezed just 
for us.

You offer me a cup of 
your solitude, and I taste it 
with my eyes closed. 
I prepare a sandwich of 
our silences, and you are 
happy to take a bite. 

I say something with
my eyes and you nod your 
head into acceptance.
I draw an imaginary 
heart around your navel 
and you pinch my 
shoulder in protest.

This intimate passing 
of time into nothingness,
challenges fate. 
This is when the God of 
oblivion misses his
monthly target-

That he had to sweep 
and dump heaps of 
memories into a nullity. 
But we kept knitting 
metaphors till they grew
wings, and they flew away 
from the clutches of time-

Now they're stars.