27 August 2026

Playful vs Playing it

When you hailed upon 
me like the breeze, 
I should have felt you on 
my skin against the
evening sky.

But instead, I tried to 
build windmills.

When you arrived to 
me like a river. 
I should have dissolved, 
drowned and perhaps, 
soaked like salt does in 
the water.

But I looked forward to 
build a bridge to go
beyond your self.

When you came to me
like rain, I should have 
stood there and let myself 
get drenched.

Instead, I searched for 
a roof, measuring the 
clouds for the possibility
of a storm.

When you became
a fire in the distance,
I should have walked closer
just to feel the warmth.

Instead, I built a wall
and called it wisdom.

You kept arriving as 
something I always wanted,
and I kept responding by 
constructing something
I think I might need.

You always offered yourself 
as possibilities and I turned 
you into an engineering 
project of expectations.

If only I knew how to 
be just playful instead 
of playing it.
I would have embraced 
you like an experience 
instead of treating you 
like an experiment.