04 June 2018

The Horrors of that Exam Hall

"ಟೈಮ್ ಎಂಟ್ ಆತ ಏಳೋಲೆ"
(Man! Wake up. It's already 8 am)
My roommate said it like a punch in my face.

Anxiety rushed through my veins. Gosh! Exam is in another hour....damn this alarm.

Without any second thought I caught hold of the xerox papers my roommate had left after he had revised them. Didn't even had time to complain, I'd more than half of the notes to go through. This subject, Agronomy was point of worry since the start of the semester. My first test was not good. Mid term exam pushed the boundaries to today's desperation. The real point of worry was the professor. He was ruthless like dragons of Dany and I don't know why I compare him to that.

The time is running fast, I'm on a hot pan and bloody Arjit Singh is having a concert in my head. Aaaarg!

Slapping some paste on my teeth, washing my face-which didn't really have mattered- heads down, notes in my hand I hurried. Another fifteen minutes left, there is lot to read and without a second glance over the notes I know I will do horribly. Cursing the 'A' in my name I entered the examination hall. Just beside the front row stood the professor with his razor sharp eyes all around. Before I took my seat, my eyes met Nagya's. Even his normal smile looked wicked as he was the topper.

I sat there directly under the nose of the professor who was waiting for a moment to shower his frustration over anyone for the smallest mistakes. It was almost time, question paper now came on the table like death warrant. The first question- multiple choice- stared at me and said "Dude! I got you. You skipped the part I was hiding in". I could hear it's laughter. I thought it's a bad omen and started from the last question. Fortunately I knew the answer. To contain further possible nervousness, I started writing the answer. While I wrote the answer baam!! Arjit again. There were other questions to which I comfortably wrote answers and within an hour I was done with the paper.

I counted my attempted questions and reckoned, without answering a few more, I have no hope at all. I looked around. All the heads around were down. Damn! Looks like everyone has read. There was a churning like feel in my stomach, heart was pounding fast and I was sweating. Also there was a feeling about nature's call.

This was the time I made my moves to socialize the milieu. Peeking through the silence of the room, I prayed for some angel bird - couple of marks and I would pass, give me a sign- to notice my gaze. There was one, fortunately! Firoj in the next row responded to my gesture. While he poised to tell me the answer to the third question, another angel bird noticed my desperate need for help. The help came as a tight slap. There was darkness, I was breathless. Looked like I was lying under a ceiling fan all sweaty. My hands crawled around in search of the time piece. Now there was a relief, finally peace. I was awake half an hour before the alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...