18 August 2023

Remembering and Forgetting

Reveries thrust
In beer bottles
Before discarding. 
Memories stashed 
In cigarette butts
After forcefully 
Forgetting. 

Any subtle trace
Of poetry that
Arises in my head.
I squish it with
My fingers and
Wipe out the stains
With masturbation.

Maybe I've 
Developed a liking 
To punish myself
This way. 
Dopamine works 
In a strange way. 

This repeated effort,
To remember and
Forget has formed 
Rough striations in
My brains. 

And whenever I rub 
My thoughts
Against it, the tones
That finds me..
Cascade down like
Sharp thrust of a
Needle down my 
Bones and I can't
Complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...