24 November 2021

Paint of Penury

You say you're an
Artist who fancies
To paint my penury.
Put on a screen to
Capture my dilapidated
Luxury.

I assure you.
It won't be colorful.
It won't be clear.
All you'll have is my
Hazy face shredded
By my helplessness.
 
Dust stricken hair
And sun burnt skin.
Clench of my eyes 
And doused hope in
My laughter.

The unorganized,
Tainted teeth and
Beetel juice that oozes
From sides of my lips.

They demand 
Way too much.
Might fall heavy on 
Your paintbrush.

You may gauge
Skin-tone of my belly.
It still looks human.
But do you have enough
In your palette to
Capture my hunger?

These creases 
Running on my hand 
Restlessly..
Do you know how much
Blood they want?

Butterflies in 
The stomach are 
Overrated sir.
For some hunger is
Not that colourful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...