25 November 2021

Reflection

When I looked in 
The mirror and 
Stared into my eyes.
Not far away from
The back of my head,
A stranger I did find.

I asked him questions
He ripped me apart.
To his queries 
Silence is all I had.

An eye for an eye.
Arm for an arm.
The duel turned
Into a bloody war.

I'm on run now.
I can't face myself
In the mirror.
There's nowhere to go.

Can you do me
A favor?
Can you place me in
A thought and hide
Me your mind?

Tag me with an
Unsual moment
And stash me
In your memory?

Give me a refuge
And save me 
From myself..
Till I can look you 
In the eye and find
A home in myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...