04 May 2024

Lethargy

I often get zoned out into
Long stretches of lethargy.
All goals and ambitions go
Out of the window.

Hobbies and habits trampled
With the chronic urges of
Masturbate-- with the butter of
Procrastination sliding smoothly
On the bread of mindless
Binge-watching mania-

I get caught in a loop of
Guilt-ridden whirlpool that
Sinks deep enough to perch
My charring soul till the bruises
Are visible in my head where
Divergent my ideas brew.

And I try to scream for myself
To save myself from a
Grave that hasn't been dug yet.
But the prayers of an atheist
Are not even answered by
Oneself it seems.

So I'm left here to be smothered
By myself- A master of my own
Destiny preaching slavery-
Left to quench my thirst in the sea
Saying salt water cleanses
The soul that has sinned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap in Your Name

Your parents fought hard to Settle on a common name for you After your birth. As a compromise your dad Prefixed you secretly after his ex. C...